Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 16th

I did rehab again today. I came in and warmed up with a few stretches and quad sets . They heated my knee to get it warm and then I went over to the new step for 15 minutes. I kept the machine around a 7 for the whole time with the steps around 100 steps per minute. I maintained that pace for 15 minutes.
Next they took me over to the treadmill and I walked backwards for 8 minutes again with a 15% incline. Next I went to the bike. I biked hard for like 10 minutes on level 16. Then they measured me and I was at a 140 degree. Jim was so impressed with me that he decided to ask Dr Jackson what he had done differently with my surgery. (I had mentioned to Jim that Dr Robert Jackson told me he had done something a little differently and that he thought I would love the new surgery). Jim Anderson came back and explained how the new ACL was attached in a slightly different place as well as doing multiple bundles. This is supposed to cut down on the arthritis that lot of people experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment