Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 13th

I switched rehab locations. They checked me out and were impressed with where I was for only being out of surgery for 12 days. They measured my bend before they started warming me up and I was at about 120 degrees.

This place had me do quad sets and then they placed a pillow under my knee and had me do more. Next they had me do strait leg raises and then they had me go over to this NuStep machine. I was on that for like 10 minutes at level 7. This machine is basically like an alternating stepping machine that has you sit on your but and press your legs down one at a time.
Next they had me bike for 20 minutes. They started me at a 7 but I bumped it up to a 9 within a minute and then Jim Anderson came by and told me I could bump it up more if I needed. I pushed it up again to an 11 and gradually made it up to a 15 by the 10 minute mark. I maintained a 15 for the 2nd ten minutes. I was sweating like crazy but it felt great.

They then took me over to the treadmill and had me walk backwards up a 15% incline fro 8 minutes. Next they took me over to the squat machine. I did 3 sets of 20 without too much resistance. It was pretty easy. When I was done with this they measured me at a 140 degree bend and then I iced down. Things were going really good. This new place was awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment